SHARE is a digital media (audio and video) content distribution engine for Web3 and the internet experiences of the future, popularly described as the Metaverse.
SHARE facilitates peer-to-peer transactions of digital media content, whereby the creator has complete control over ownership rights and can choose the terms of access (such as pricing and availability). Owners can collect revenues directly from consumers in real-time, and mechanical royalties are automatically distributed to owners. SHARE features:
- Audited smart contracts targeting EVM compatible blockchains. This includes:
- 1.The SHARE Protocol contract and interfaces for compatibility.
- 2.An implementation of the
IPFAinterface for single unit pay-for-access content as an extension to the ERC-721 NFT standard.
- 3.An implementation of the
IPFACollectioninterface for pay-for-access (PFA) content (e.g. playlists) as an extension to the ERC-721 NFT standard.
- 4.An implementation for efficient royalty distribution, interoperable with SHARE PFA contracts.
- A JSON-RPC backend service for deploying Share Protocol smart contracts with no Solidity coding experience required.
- A decentralized distribution network of off-chain microservices which interoperate with on-chain contracts to distribute content with conditional access terms.